The AIIB has appointed five vice presidents, its President Jin Liqun announced last week. The five new executives are:
- Danny Alexander, chief secretary to the UK Treasury from 2010 to 2015, who becomes VP and Corporate Secretary of the new development bank
- Kyttack Hong, formerly chairman and CEO of the Korea Development Bank(VP and Chief Risk Officer)
- D.J. Pandian, formerly Chief Secretary at Government of Gujarat and senior Indian civil servant (VP and Chief Investment Officer)
- Joachim von Amsberg, currently Vice President of Development Finance at the World Bank (VP of Policy and Strategy)
- Senior Indian politician Luky Eko Wuryanto (VP and Chief Administration Officer)
The leadership team was “an exceptionally strong and committed group who will bring wide and varied experience and a wealth of expertise that will serve the bank well,” Jin said last week.