Turkmenistan infrastructure program: Turkmenistan plans to spend around $18bn on civil engineering and construction projects next year, President Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov told the country’s Elders Council yesterday.
Among the estimated 220 projects that have been lined up are:
- A 33 bn m³ capacity natural gas pipeline running through Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India
- A gas-chemical complex capable of producing 467,000 tons of polyethylene and polypropylene each year
- A plant to convert gasoline from gas with a 600,000 ton annual capacity
- Airports in Atamyrat and Garabogaz , and
- A cement factory in Lebap